Welcome to Fountain Pen Emporium. The one stop shop for all your modern and vintage fountain pens. We carry most brands Burnham, Conway Stewart, Dunhill Namiki, Montblanc, Pelikan, Parker, Sheaffer, Swan Mabie Todd, Waterman etc., including many lesser known makes.
Fountain pens have all the hallmarks of collectibility and broadly fall into two categories. Firstly, there's the prestigious makes that have become a symbol of status such as Montblanc, Cartier, Dunhill, ST Dupont and Limited Edition pens. Secondly, any fountain pen linked to a historic event is also a sought after commodity. For example, in 1935 before leaving dock, a commemorative fountain pen was made and engraved for the battleship H.M.S Repulse. Sadly, she sank in battle. Old model fountain pens in excellent condition, for example the early Dunhill Namiki Maki-e Japanese fountain pens are very keenly sought after.
Why buy vintage fountain pens
1) A practical and unique gift.
2) For some, reminiscent of those 'good old days'
3) Scarcity - the classic models are fast becoming less easily obtainable.
4) The investment potential of classic fountain pens is more secure than stocks and shares.
5) Fountain pens appeal to both ladies and gentlemen.
6) Strong interest worldwide. Some of our fountain pens have found a new lease of life in America, the Far East, South East Asia, Europe, Middle East, Australia, New Zealand.
7) Environmental - No wasteful use of the earth's resources unlike the modern 'use and throw away' non-perishable pens.
Sothebys Auction Singapore
An ordinary black Waterman fountain pen presented to Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew, former prime minister of Singapore, at the signing of Singapore Independence in 1957, fetched a staggering record price of 350, 000 Singapore dollars (equivalent to 175,000 US dollars or 115,000 sterling pounds)